What is the scholarship scheme for TMU Cairo?
TMU Cairo supports students and their educational goals by offering a number of scholarships based on merit. Scholarships are offered to students with special qualifications such as academic, athletic, or artistic talents. Recipients must meet the eligibility criteria and support their application with all the necessary official documents. In cases where students qualify for more than one scholarship/award, students will receive the award of the highest value only.
(High school-based award, 1st year only non-renewable)
To reward new students’ academic excellence automatically upon entrance to the university. These awards are non-renewable and issued one time only in the first year of study at UofCanada. Categories A, B & C are based upon a student’s Grade 12 admission average, calculated on the courses used for admission to the Cairo Campus.
90% and above
Note 1: Awards will be posted to a student’s account at the beginning of each semester and following full-time registration.
- The student has an offer of admission and received a UofCanada ID number.
- Awards will be confirmed for a guarantee upon receipt of final official high school transcripts.
- Have been continuously enrolled full-time (no gaps in full-time attendance prior to the regular school year).
3.67 and above
- Students will automatically qualify for Academic Excellence Awards based on their CGPA at the TMU Cairo Campus.
- As of their first year, full-time students must be enrolled in an 80% course load (four or more billing units) in both fall and winter terms.
- Academic Excellence Awards will be calculated and assigned automatically
- To be eligible for renewal, an 80% course load (four or more billing units) must be maintained in both the fall and winter terms with the required CGPA and the student must have clear academic standing
- Students who withdraw, discontinue their program, reduce their course load, experience a decline in grades below the minimum CGPA requirement, or no longer meet other scholarship requirements may no longer keep the scholarship
- Note: The availability and monetary value of all scholarships are subject to change
The President’s Gold Full Scholarship is granted to the top 100 (as published) for the Egyptian Certificate “Thanawiya Ama, STEM and Nile Schools” (in recognition of the highest GPAs).
Eligibility Criteria for Renewal
- Full-time registration in the academic year.
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.5 and above throughout study for the scholarship annual renewal.
To apply for this scholarship, candidates must:
1. Complete the online application, provide all supporting admission documents and meet the program's admission requirements
2. Apply for President's Gold Full Scholarship Form
Note: Please note that your scholarship application will not be considered until the university's application form and all admission documents are submitted
- Full Scholarship for individual sports achievement at the international level (1st, 2nd, or 3rd place).
- 50 % Scholarship for team sports achievements at the international level (1st, 2nd, or 3rd place).
- 30 % for individual or team sport at the national or regional tournament level (1st place).
- 20 % for individual or team sport at the national or regional tournament level (2nd place).
- 10 % for individual or team sport at the national or regional tournament level (3rd place).
*Awards will be posted to a student’s account at the beginning of each semester and following full-time registration.
- Submit official documents verifying eligibility for Athletic Scholarship (awards, certificates, current athletic status, etc.) The certificate must be updated yearly and stamped by any of the following official entities:
- The Game Federation. -The Olympic Committee. -The Supreme Council for Youth and Sports.
- Minimum High School GPA of 75% minimum average or the minimum accepted grade according to the awarded High School certificate.
- Have submitted their application for admission and received an ID number.
- Full-time registration in the academic year.
- Not to be on probation at any time during their study.
- Maintain good academic standing (CGPA 2.7) and above throughout their study for the scholarship renewal. Marks will be automatically assessed every May after the student’s first year at the TMU University, Cairo Campus.
- Continue to practice their sport and play tournaments under the name of the TMU University, Cairo Campus.
This scholarship is awarded to graduating high school/current students who are creative and have spent time in high school or university developing their artistic, cultural, and/or social talents. Students must demonstrate the influential nature and/or impact of their artistry in their area of expertise: visual arts, performing arts, digital/non-digital media, and/or mass communications.
Eligibility Criteria upon entrance:
- Submit a personal statement of contributions and activities.
- Qualify for admission with a 75% minimum average or the minimum accepted grade according to the awarded High School certificate.
- Demonstrated excellence in the chosen artistic field, supporting documents, and/or certificates required upon application.
Eligibility Criteria for renewal:
- Full-time registration in the previous academic year, September, and January.
- Must be in good academic standing (minimum CGPA 2.7)
- Demonstrated growth in artistic endeavors.
Value: up to 15% annually and renewable. Issued in the Fall semester only posted to a student’s account at the beginning of each semester, following full-time registration.
Other Financial Considerations:
- Siblings of full-time registered students at UofCanada will qualify for a 10% tuition discount.
- The student can combine more than one scholarship and a special discount of up to 50%.
- The students must be full-time in the two semesters to get the full Scholarship.
- The calculation of the scholarship and discounts will be the finance department’s responsibility based on specific sequences order.
- The combination between academic and Athletic scholarships without maximum limitation of percentage.